Thursday 20 September 2012

Tuesday 18 September 2012


We're slowly getting over our jetlag with a good night's sleep and regular meals.  So, today I plucked up the courage to go through all accumulated email messages.  Took me a while, but they're done now.  

Diane & Dave were still busy packing and getting through all last minute fiddly things as you do when you're going on a big trip.  Daughter Kelly came to pick them up and took a picture of the four of us, and then...... it was just the two of us, alone in our still new, strange, but comfortable environment.

Four Globetrotters in a row :-)

After I'd cleared messages I played Wordfeud for a while with my friends (trying to get used to three time zones now!) and some sudoku, which I'd vowed I would never do...

Unfortunately today is a very overcast day and we had some steady rain, so no reason for going out.  It's cooled down a fair bit as will, but that may only be while it's raining.

Since we have to eat once in a while it was time to go and do some shopping.  We'd discovered that there's an Aldi's here, so we tried them out first.  Next time we'll go and try the other supermarkets.  We had to find a computer store as well, because my little laptop mouse had died.  I've got a wireless mouse now, so less worry about annoying leads.

Around dinner time we managed to get in touch with Kevin via skype.  He didn't have a mic handy, so we're going to try again tomorrow.  Later in the evening we moved from the spare bedroom upstairs to the master bedroom downstairs.  So much handier. :-)

Not many pictures today, but if we are going to do something interesting tomorrow I'm sure there will be a few coming.  In the meantime we're missing both our grandchildren's birthdays, but we managed to leave a message for them on fb.  Fortunately they have a modern opa and oma. LOL  

I've forgotten to show you some pictures that I have taken earlier this week.  Our 'exchange house' backs onto a golf course and every day we see heaps of these cute little squirrels.  One day I may get an opportunity to get one close-up, but until then we'll have to make do with these pictures:






See you again tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment.