Thursday 6 February 2014

Geocaching in Liempde - Noord Brabant

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

After having been cooped up inside the house for a few days it was time to get the bicycle out and go in search of a cache close by:

Duits lijntje - Boxtel - De Kei NpfJ (1)


De Kei (The Boulder) and the bike in the background

This cache is part of a series: Duits Lijntje.  Duits Lijntje is an obsolete railway, still in existence, but no longer in use, which ran from Boxtel in The Netherlands, to Wesel in Germany.  It was closed for passengers in 1950 and for goods transport in 2004.

It's only a ten minute ride from where I am stationed, so I got the push bike out for a short ride.  It was not too cold, but quite windy.  I was happy I could do this on an e-bike...  The boulder was an easy find and the hint clear enough to enable me to find the cache without the use of the GPS.  However, after checking for GZ I discovered that I would have been way off.  I don't know if it's my new GPS or the overcast sky, but glad that I didn't have to make the trip twice!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment.